The term Industrial Engineering, also known as Business Engineering and/or Management Engineering, is an engineering discipline that concerns with Industrial Engineering Body of Knowledge
To get bachelor degree from Industrial Engineering in SGU, students must complete 144 credits in at least eight semesters of under graduate-level courses work. The students also have to complete internship programs in Indonesia in the third semester and in Germany in the sixth semester (terms and conditions are applied).
Thesis project has to be completed in at least in one semester. The thesis must be satisfactorily defended at an oral examination that will be held by involving a Professor from SGU’s sister University as one of the examiners. Research may be performed in off-campus facilities including by involving companies or industries, local or overseas.
Subjects included in curriculum of Industrial Engineering of SGU are:
- Physics; Chemistry; Material Science; Technical Drawing;
Math and Data Science:
- Calculus; Algorithm, Programming and Data Structure; Enterprise Information System; Engineering Statistics; Operation Research; Optimization; Business Intelligence and Analytics
System and Industrial Engineering Science:
- Production Planning and Control; Logistics and Supply Chain Management; Quality Control and Assurance; Enterprise Resource Planning; Lean Manufacturing; Industrial Product Design and Development; Industrial System Modeling and Simulation
- Manufacturing Process; Manufacturing Facilities Planning and Analysis; Computer Integrated Manufacturing; Industrial System Maintenance
- Ergonomics and Works System Design; Man – Machine Interactions; Industrial Psychology; Occupational, Health, Safety and Environment Protection; Industrial Sociology and Ecology
Economy and Management:
- Engineering Economy; Cost Estimation; Entrepreneurship and Business Development; Organization and Enterprise Management; Strategic Management; Project Management; Management of Technology and Innovation; Human Capital Management; Business Process Analysis